- Home for Community
- Government Affairs Resources
- Voter Registration
- Action Center
Home for Community
Share our bold #HomeforCommunity plan!
For the past two weeks, we’ve shared our #HomeforCommunity policy priorities with you. In the first week, OAR’s CEO Jenny Pakula sent a video message thanking REALTORS® for staying home for our communities and supporting policies that ensure no Oregonian loses their home in this crisis. Last week, we shared a video showcasing what some of our 17,000 members across the state have done to help their communities, watch here.
- Check your local paper’s web site for submission guidelines, which we’ve compiled here. Oregon Newspaper Contacts
- Speak from personal experience. You don’t need to be an expert in economic policy for your voice to matter!
- Start with an introduction — for example, share how many years you’ve worked in the community as a REALTOR® and a sentence or two about your community involvement.
- You can let your community know that you’re proud to be part of a state association that supports bold priorities to ensure no Oregonian loses their home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Let your neighbors know that now is not the time for one-sided policies that pit homeowners, renters, affordable housing advocates and developers against each other.
- Share what these policies would mean for your community: A state that not only recovers but flourishes, diverse communities with thriving economies, and real progress toward a healthy housing system.
- Invite them to hear more by searching #HomeforCommunity on YouTube and watching the video.
We want to thank all REALTORS® across the state for staying Home for Community during the global pandemic. We know how hard you all have worked to drastically reshape your business in a time of turmoil.
You’ve heard a lot from us lately about the latest COVID-19 news and how it impacts REALTORS®. Now we want to take a moment to let you know what else we’ve been working on to support our members. Please watch this message where I lay out bold public policy objectives we are supporting to ensure no Oregonian loses their home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If this message resonates with you, I invite you to share it on social media with the #HomeforCommunity hashtag.
Thank you so much for everything you have done throughout this pandemic.
The response to the video has been incredible, with REALTORS® all over our state using the #HomeforCommunity tag to show support. This week, we’re putting the spotlight on you, our members, and the work you’re doing to help support your communities through this pandemic.
We know this is a small fraction of the inspiring work our 17,000 members are doing across the state. You can keep the momentum going by posting this video and Jenny’s message using #HomeforCommunity on social media.